Thursday, April 12, 2012

has it been 15 minutes yet for MGK?

i mean, it seems like it's a trend now to sign white rappers ever since Yelawolf got signed. of course, you got this guy Machine Gun Kelly who's now signed with none other than the 'Most Cliched Man', Diddy. i mean...he can't get anymore desperate tryna stay relevant


so that's MGK...or Richard Colson Baker...the "fast spittin, hard hittin rapper" from Cleveland, Ohio...because you know, if have to have that rep if  you look like this

cocked snapback, vest...
cocked snapback, vest...
cocked snapback, vest...
the only thing worse than his tight his emo, nuts squeezin pants are his lyrics 

BET Cypher:
Yeah, Kells, uh Cobain's back
I Smell Like Teen Spirit man, Cobain's back
I got these teens screamin like Cobain's back
You try me and I’ll make you a legend like Cobain’s strap - blaat!
They say I’m wastin my time, where they watch at how he got that
They say it wasn’t my time where the watch at, now watch that
Speed of my syllables rhymes, better clock that
Stop that, Bad Boy gave me the contract and I dot that

ooh...nothin's more intricate than usin the same sayin 3 times. maybe he's pickin up a few pointers from Waka Flocka Flame

to make this clear, i'm not hatin on the guy...just do not see what the big deal is about Richard. is cuz he's from Cleveland, home of Bow Wow? is it cuz Diddy missed his opportunity with his 1st white rapper, Kaine? or is he tryna capitalized off the emergence of Yelawolf with his own white, tattooed, fast spittin rapper? only problem is...MGK is a cliche.

it starts from his name, Machine Gun Kelly, which was taken from an American gangster George "Machine Gun Kelly" Barnes. his style, just a carbon copy of the original fast spitters outta Cleveland, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. his looks, snapback/trucker hat, shirtless, tattooed, rebellious rapper. been there, seen that but remember this...HE'S ALRIGHT BUT HE'S NOT REAL! - Jay-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment